So I have been here over a week and I have worked exactly two days. One was the Traditions class which all cast members must take and it is an orientation for the entire Walt Disney Company. Second was the orientation for Blizzard Beach called Forecast Blizzard. It was basically a little history of the park and a park tour. It was from 8-1 and then I had two hours of online training to complete which ranged from chemical safety to how to catch the pedophile at a water park.
Tomorrow I actually start my on the job training as I will be a park greeter for Blizzard. I get two days of OJT and then I am on my own. The good part about this is that I can easily pick up extra shifts at the theme parks as a park greeter as it is the same exact job, I would only need to go get a different costume. Speaking of which mine isn't too bad-white shorts, red bahama t-shirt with Ice Gator (get it?) all of it, an optional all white hat, and a gold colored belt. I'll post photos of me in my costume soon enough.
Other than that I have just been hitting the parks and riding all the rides I want. There are basically no lines down here right now as we are entering the off-season. It will start picking up as we get closer to Halloween and then die off again, and then pick back up for Thanksgiving, die right back down after and then get crazy busy for Christmas.
Hi Tony,
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun, I can't wait to see you in your "costume" for Blizzard Beach.
Love, Mom